Well… day one started with me almost blowing the diet by foraging for leftover pizza only to find it had already been consumed (it’s the first time I was glad someone got there first). Other than eating a cheesy at a kid Halloween party before remembering I wasn’t allow, I’ve been doing surprisingly well.
Things I have learned on my yeast free diet…
Grocery shopping is torture and everything I can’t eat is on sale.
- Even though I didn’t think I ate a lot, fruit is the thing I miss the most.
- Toy fruit looks really tasty when you’re not allowed to have any real fruit.
- Grapes can speak… loudly. They can actually call my name from the bottom drawer of my fridge.
- Grapes are hard to ignore.
- Breakfast is the hardest meal to make on the diet.
- Homemade yeast-free flax bagels look a lot like cat poop. I won’t share this recipe until I have perfected it… and made it a little more edible looking.
- Vegan cheese doesn’t melt.
- Crepes made with rice milk are almost as good as the real thing… except I can’t fill them with fruit, or chocolate, or whipped cream… but they’re still good.
- Almond butter looks like cat puke, but it tastes good.
- Despite an initial murderous rage towards my naturopath, I now love her. She says I can have coffee… in moderation. Is three cups a day moderation?
Tomorrow I attempt yeast-free snack food.